Saturday, February 7, 2009

White Coat Ceremony






Lyndle's White Coat Ceremony was Back on January 15th. I have wanted to get something posted about it since that time. However, with learning how to post to this blog, working, learning my way around here and having the internet working when I had time to post, it has taken me 3 weeks longer to do this than I wanted it to.

Lyndle has worked hard to get here & I want to get this posted. The White Coat Ceremony is done for 1st semester students here at Ross. There is a big ceremony for the new med students with Dominican dignitaries present. There are speakers there to give words of wisdom and praise and encouragement to the new med students. All of the new students file to the front where an M.D. helps them to put on their white coats. Then they receive a Ross University pin.

Logan and I watched it on the mediasite. It's such a big ceremony, especially since there are somewhere around 450 or more 1st semester students here now. There is not a good place for families, especially with small children, to be able to watch it in person. It was great that we could watch it online and Ethan could take his nap. We were excited when we got to see Lyndle in the ceremony. We're proud of you, Lyndle! We're all here supporting him the best that we can as he studies hard and works to achieve a dream he's had for many years.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I did not realize you were not in the US!! I read your entire blog and it is fascinating. Congrats to Lyndle. I will definitely keep up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete